Encore’s Cajun Fried Chicken Salad
Serving Size = 4 Portions
- 10 oz. chicken cutlet
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (McCormick)
- 1 cup flour
- 6 oz. butternut squash (small dices)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 buttermilk ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp. rosemary
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Oil for frying
- Garlic powder
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk with Cajun seasoning for at least 1/2 hour.
- Toss chicken in flour and fry at 350°F (until golden brown).** After frying place in the preheated oven at 350°F until the chicken reaches 165°F
- Toss small diced butternut squash in oil (3 tbsp), add salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary and maple syrup. Bake at 350°F until cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooled, dice it up.
- Soak cranberries in hot water for 10-15 seconds, squeeze them dry, and rough chop
- Combine the rest of the ingredients listed above and toss lightly
- Taste and adjust the seasonings
**Step two could also be done on the skillet if fryer not available.